PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 5th Nov 2003, 21:23
PaulE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Emirates Application/Admin Process???

Hi guys,

New to the board and just wanting to know something about the Emirates selection process?

OK I recieved an email from them approx. a week ago stating "you have not been shortlisted please apply again in 6 months" this was 2 days prior to the LHR Open Days advertised online and oon various www job boards. On the morning of the LHR Open Day, circumstances made it impossible for me to attend this Open Day so I missed this opportunity.

However, there are other open days in Manchester later this month on different dates. I am wondering...... If I attended either of these open days will they have a record of my application and "thanks but no thanks letter/reference"?? That was my first attempt at applying for Emirates online and I wished I had professional photos loaded. So I think that counted agaisnt me.

So does anyone know if I would be able to slip through this and show the recruitment officers exactly what I have on offer and sell myself within the interview?? This is really all I want to do and if I try and attend these interview it can be fairly ££££ for accommodation, car hire etc.... I would really like to hear from anyone who has been in a similar situation or can tell me that you definatly dont need an "invitation" to attend an Open day - as I have read elsewhere?

Thanks for reading this - if you have gotten this far I really appreciate it

PaulE