PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MOD Seeks Curb on Compensation
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2019, 08:07
graham house

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Justice 4Troops

This is exactly why we stood up last month; created by a credible, capable and committed bunch of people, currently serving and/or recently retired with first hand experience of how the MoD (and elements of the Single Service Boards) wilfully betray all who serve....more to come on this and associated issues over the coming weeks as the reality gains momentum. There is a real issue today of injustice and the concealment of it within our Armed Forces, by our Armed Forces.

As we gain momentum here, I invite you to consider the wisdom of 60 years ago from someone familiar perhaps to this erstwhile audience, and ask you reflect on its value today when you see it through the prism of 'reputation':

To quote Lord Tedder

The present Service members of the Air Council are all old friends and comrades of mine, with whom I have served in various rôles. They are men for whom I have a deep affection and admiration. But that does not absolve me from raising my voice in opposition if I see them, as I do in this case, acquiescing in a policy which I believe gravely to threaten the welfare of our Service. I know from my own experience what an immensely powerful influence is wielded by the financial authorities in the Ministry, and provided that that power is not abused it is right and healthy. Nevertheless, it is the duty of the Service members of the Council to ensure that the moral and human factors, of which they alone have personal experience and knowledge, are not outbalanced by material and financial considerations, as they clearly are in this case.

[email protected]