PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 16th Aug 2019, 01:46
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clinton McKenzie
I’m sure CASA will get around to ‘reforming’ classification of operations ‘soon’. However, I doubt whether the product will be clear or concise or welcomed by industry.

But I could be making it all up and it could all be my fault. Feel free to blame me if it makes you feel better.
Folks,
I am going to weigh in to this one, and say that the "legal" basis for this interlude was incomplete "consequential" amendments from a period of regulatory "reform", by about fifteen years old previous reform that created this situation.
The "mail runs" and similar had existed "since forever", and on Cape York were a considerable tourist attraction, as well as their day to day reason.
The regulatory shortcoming, planned but uncompleted consequential amendments, had long been known (the said 15 years) but effectively ignored, until the right combination of circumstances occurred, including a Director who announced "We are policemen -----etc".
There was more than one case of long existing mail run operations selectively put out of business during this period, on the accusation of conducting illegal RPT, but the real reason being some kind of "get even" situation.
That Uzu had an aircraft accident only compounded the issue.
Tootle pip!!
PS: So, the question is: Has CASA got (a) better (b) worse (c) hasn't changed ----- over the years.