PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This does not bode well...
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2019, 22:02
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Didn’t literally no one care?

Given the political situation in HKG at the moment may I suggest that there are probably more pressing matters to discuss than a passing comment from a fellow pilot about how an airline and one applicant was perceived 3 decades ago.

Many, many people from around the world will no doubt be reading this for serious updates on a situation with truly global ramifications. ‘You smell, ‘cause you do!’ is not going to matter much if martial law is declared - if indeed it could be heard over the clatter of tank tracks down Hennessy Rd - those things make a racket on bitumen and concrete!

Seriously, I mean no offence to anyone here at all, but I trust information from intelligent people (generally ) here far more than I do the SCMP and second hand Western journalist reports.

The risks for Cathay, Hong Kong, Taiwan and indeed the world are obvious. And whether anyone got into CX during its VERY golden years or not, I’m certain that however it was expressed a great deal of sympathy exists for all involved.

Good luck, best wishes and be aware anyone involved has great support from many who will be reading and not commenting from all around the four corners of the circular globe.