PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Planning providers???
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2003, 19:05
Opsdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FL460

In answer to your question, I came into ops ten years ago after losing my Class 1 medical.

I have a thirty year background in aviation from being a flying instructor to 9,500 hrs on large transport aircraft.

Although I do not hold an FAA Dispatchers License, I think I have a fair idea how things work by now.

I did not mean to belittle the helpdesk staff at SITA, I normally find them very helpful and knowledgeable especially when it comes to what can only be termed as the user unfriendly interface with their system.

I think that the person I had problems with on the helpdesk was probably a trainee, as he seemed to have less an idea of how the system worked than myself and my staff. (And not meaning in any way to be racist, we all work in a global environment, he did have a problem speaking english).

Anyway, I do not want to get into a war with anybody but I can only express my view about the SITA flight planning system to somebody that has asked for it. Where would Skytucker be if we all waxed lyrical not wanting to upset anyone!