PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Budget QF Airline & Recruitment (merged)
Old 5th Nov 2003, 18:59
QF skywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha franck ! It's Qantas ! They do what ever is opposite to the logical way of doing things. No-one knows what happens in that HR office at the Qantas QCC building in SYD - it's a mystery - I dare say the poor ******s in HR also get stuffed around themselves by Qantas, not knowing what is going on from one day to the next.

I was emailed a very interesting article today which further confirms the rumours of eastern and sunstate becoming "one" - however they say our jobs are safe Will this mean that eastern and sunstate crew will all be competing together in time to come for progression to mainline - if any !!!!! I just laugh when I read all this doom and gloom now - can't say I have read a positive thing at work lately about the company or job security. I just can't wait until the details of the LCC are advised - that way we all know where we stand and can make some career decisions pronto.

Qantas to lay-off regional staff’ report claims
Qantas is reportedly set to shed hundreds of jobs in its regional airlines as concerns mount over the future of country flights.

A report in The Sydney Morning Herald said many of the job losses will take place in provincial centres.

But the newspaper said Qantas had pledged to maintain its existing regional flight routes.

The report claimed that after a six-month cost-cutting review, prompted by last year's absorption of Impulse, Qantas' five regional divisions operating under the QantasLink umbrella will be folded into two -- one for jets and one for turbo-prop flights.

The Herald said that would result in lay-offs with the carrier moving to centralise its accounting and ticketing operations. The report claimed pilots and flight attendants would be safe.

QantasLink, which includes Eastern, AirLink, Sunstate, and AirConnex, employs more than 2000 workers and operates 2500 flights a week.