PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This does not bode well...
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2019, 10:42
cvg2iln

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slowjet
History serves up the best lessons. Mate of mine was ready to join Iranair in 1978. His Dad tried to put him off and himself, had lived and worked i....
Look back at history. The present is about to change very rapidly.
!989. I was right seat DC8 and successfully interviewed with CX. The company at that time was an ex- crab mess and had a certain stench about it. People of interest (names may not be exact due to fading memory): Malcolm Wagstaff in his pseudo wizard role - should be a member of the sexual predator #Metoo tribe - the planet is enriched should he now be singing with the great majority. My wife still laughs at the memory of this vile little man. There was also a somewhat flaccid ex crab named Baxter on the interview board - and a doctor Forsyth(?) who seemed to have a spine of plasticine being willing to dance to any tune the company called. All ex crabs of course - CX at that time was a magnet/ dumpster for a certain type.

Two months after turning CX's offer down I was DC8 left seat and four years later became a TRI. I do retain a few treasured interview memories and still smile at the absolute inadequacy of the offer from 30 yrs ago.