PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 14th Aug 2019, 08:25
Turb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'TUI says that the grounding of the Boeing 737 Max will cost the holiday group €300m. It said: "Resumption of the 737MAX remains subject to the clearance decision of the civil aviation authorities and we have secured replacement aircraft leases out to the end of our Summer 2019 programme." The company made the disclosure in its third quarter results where it reported a 3.7% rise in sales to €4.7bn. Pre-tax profits, however dropped by 58.2% to €58.9m.'
https://www.theguardian.com/business...-to-300m-euros
This is good news because it seems to me that the only thing the aviation industry and its customers (right down to SLF) really cares about is money and therefore if the Max catastrophe costs everyone concerned a lot of money perhaps safety will claw its way back up the agenda towards its rightful position. Perhaps. Maybe. I am SLF on a flight this morning at a ludicrously low fare (less than a meal in an average restaurant), using an elderly turboprop on a shuttle island-hop, and I do wonder....