PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Full Sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2019, 06:40
berlioz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something "smells" in this....

I do not believe there's a "shortage" of pilots in Europe. What definitely exists is a shortage of type rated 139, 189, 175 pilots.

I´m sure we all know pilots Multi-Engine rated with IR that are looking for a new position, only that they don´t have the "golden" type rating and cant afford to spend 50.000 to get a golden rating.

Bristow has been doing some career days invitations to pilots. I can say i´ve been to one. (never got any feedback after) this "interview" was made in the same ATO installations where this IR ratting is to be done.

So there´s a business of some type existing between Helicentre Aviation and Bristow.

With the amount of pilots out there there's no need for a helicopter company to sponsor IR rating. Unless this is only a big merchandise and free publicity action. Just think of how many pilots have seen this offer and how many hundreds will apply to it.......probably.....few or none will attend this sponsorship but i´m sure they´ll all get a special deal in getting they're IR with Helicentre Aviation ;-).

"There are no free lunch invitations"