PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This does not bode well...
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2019, 09:21
slowjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
History serves up the best lessons. Mate of mine was ready to join Iranair in 1978. His Dad tried to put him off and himself, had lived and worked in Iran for 30 years. Mate listened to very high authority advice and stayed put in the UK. His Dad also stayed put, but , in Iran. Sooner than ever imaginable, he found himself in the back of a RAF Herc being evacuated out. Kissed goodbye to 30 years, a house on the shores of the Caspian, a three bed apartment in North Tehran , four cars and a bundle of loot still in the local bank. He was accommodated by my mate in the Uk but went through his stash in a Swiss Bank within the year. He died of a massive stroke weeks later.

Me & my friend looked hard at CX. The latter a CX failure after several attempts. It all looked too good for me and although selected, never took up the offer.

Mt friend was eased out of GF in 2009. Weeks later, civilians were being shot in a public square. Bahrain is still not the relaxed, open, friendly place that it was.My mate, actually considered retiring in Bahrain until we slapped him around, a bit.

Air Profit, drop the handcuffs quick. Look back at history. The present is about to change very rapidly.