PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter accident Colombia........
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2019, 06:09
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
Not without risks, one aircraft had a hydraulic failure, oscillation of the load developed to the point where control was lost through exceedance of CoG limits, the patrol was dragged 200' along the ground prior to the aircraft crashing, all survived without serious injury.
Like I said...…..DANGEROUS!

SCARDY - what you mean is you have done both rappelling and winching...…….without problems. But if you stop and think for just a moment, which is what your risk assessment is for, it will always be safer to have the humans inside the cabin than dangling outside underneath. Like I said, if there is absolutely no other way then...OK. Sadly, in most cases there is another way but the blood and guts brigade, which seem to belong to, never see it that way. That's why we end up with lots and lots of rules. To stop nimrods taking themselves and other people out in spectacular fashion.

This thread started, I believe, from a TV Soap Opera production crew think it was OK to hang people outside a helicopter. I am sure that Company will now a new rule for this!