PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spain, Ultralight, PPL, and Aircraft Registration
Old 12th Aug 2019, 14:19
Mikepilot69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying in Spain

Originally Posted by Fizzwizz
Thank you for the info. I've spoken to the local CFI at the ULM club, while he is very helpful, some of the finer details are getting lost in the slow translation, and there are some points he's unsure about. They don't get many ex-pats here.

By "current PPL" I'm unsure as to what is required.

I see four possibilities.

1. My UK CAA PPL(A) as it stands now - which is a lifelong licence but I cannot fly with presently until a flight assessment/revalidation.
2. My UK CAA PPL(A) after I have had a successful assessment/further tuition (Is this revalidation?)
3. An EASA PPL(A) Using my current but 'non-valid' (if that is the correct terminology) UK PPL(A) to obtain the EASA licence,
4 An EASA PPL(A) that has been validated ready to fly in Europe

Sorry to sound confused - although I clearly am!
HI
I have been flying for over 4 years in Spain in my Coyote 6 ES Rotax 912 100 hp shortwing 116
One good advice
Get your license in your country or better, get a french license
Never forget : flying in Spain Andaloucia is like flying in a third world country!
Flying a ultralight is still flying a 582 or 503. Its very fun flying here as there is hardly another plane in the air.
You can fly over the beaches, shorelines at e few meters above the waterline. on my airfield there are only three other planes.
Never or never they ask for your license. Never you have to use the radio unless you are flying into restricted zones or TMA. Beware their english knowledge is very poor to none.