PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair-2
Thread: Wizzair-2
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2019, 14:29
pabely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EGPO
Expect Wizzair from.their big regional operations to I'd guess LaGuardia or those that Norwegian used to use.
Boston perhaps , also Iceland to pick up the business that Wow did used to pull in .
Can't just have Icelandair as a monopoly.
Wizz seems to be changing from beyond just ferrying eastern European people between the UK and Poland .
Doncaster and Moldova was about as far from expected as my suggestion big At Petersburg, but with Timisoara being so stunning and Debrechen, they are being marketed by the airport as Tourist destinations, so I don't think St Petersburg can be on the never list .
Folk have said never - before about Flybe for example ' won't base too close to other bases', but they did and despite closing are still staying on .
The point is Wizzair seem to have just picked out tourist ' gens' and made bases, and opened at the other end in the UK regions .
Long may it continue..
If we see an increased presence at Iceland then we could see this, remember Indigo, Wizzairs parent would have been all over WOWs books at one time which would have been useful data. Alot of US leisure like the idea of a couple of days in Iceland on the way to Europe. I'm sure Icelandair will have competition again soon.
Frontier Airlines are also building up a presence on the East Coast........