PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 10th Aug 2019, 23:08
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
What could possibly be wrong with developing a standard set of manuals and procedures that satisfy CASA regulations and then allowing a group of flying clubs or schools to use them and contribute to the cost of maintaining them?

Even if such schools required a seperate certificate to operate, surely that would be a simple case of rubber stamping the documents if they were all using the same previously accepted paperwork?

I mean if I want to start a company, I can go and buy one tomorrow for less than a Thousand dollars, complete right down to asset registers and a company stamp, right off the shelf.

Surely as well, wouldn’t it save CASA time and money if everyone was using the same paperwork? No need for extensive reviews and meetings since everything would be common. CASA could then spend the freed up time on safety related activities.

To put that another way, a Cessna 172 is at least as common and well understood as a Holden Commodore. Surely the operations manuals for everyone operating one can be exactly the same? Why would anyone waste time developing and approving a “new” safety system manual for such an aircraft?