PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falcon Express Iraq and FEDEX
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2003, 14:19
JustFlyin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Respect,

I must say that you are quite well informed.
FedEx brags about flying to Iraq, when in reality it is Falcon Express.

There is absolutely no extra pay or bonus for the guys out in the field taking all the risks. And believe me, the risk is there.
How would you feel if you landed in Kirkuk, and as soon as you get out of the plane you are shown the quickest way to a bunker, just in case, because the day before they came under a mortar attack.
Or planes being shot at within an hour of your arrival.

Another interesting point to make is that our Chief Pilot has not actually flown to Iraq, even though Falcon has been flying there since June. For that matter, he does not acually fly at all.

There is indeed little info about the flights into Iraq. Some photocopied pages of the AIP and that's about it. You figure things out as you go along.

Now with winter approaching, things will get even more interesting, considering that the flights are VFR only.

And regarding the dangermoney, the General Managers' response to that was "will more money make the flights safer? No, so why pay more".

Morale in the company is already at an all time low, but forcing these flights on the pilots, makes them increasingly unhappy and I feel that somehing will happen soon.

Management needs to step up to the plate and LISTEN to their crews comments and complaints. And then maybe, just maybe, things will improve.