PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - S7 Close one at Domodedovo
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2019, 19:25
b263354

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems more and more discussions are occurring with fellow colleagues about safety in the aviation as of late. Safety at the lowest cost, obtainable profit being the common denominator. The only ones now stopping the buck going lower are the insurance companies, but if they could make that MEL shorter by managing the risk, well... Then we are all to wholeheartedly support that decision...risk management. "Every flight is a mission after all L-O-L "( tv series background laughter popping up somehow in real life)

This example here just should not have happened at all, period. And if it continued flight, well, bring out the gimp. I understand the pressure one is submitted to as in command, I've seen both ends of the rope, private and airline. But this sh*t just doesn't fly! Certainly not continuing to destination!! (If so...)

BTW, like that TOR, they have RVR now too don't they... Nah, common sense is flying out the window too these days. I've flown jump seat many a times, and when waiting bring up those little "quirks" he (or she/ it/ they/ whatever) made during the flight that had that potential to REALLY work out bad, but worked out luckily after all. They first become agitated that you bring it up, then become even more agitated that you made them agitated. Yes, that's right, YOU! are the wrong one here dude, TWICE!
But then again I'm seeing this everywhere. It's these times more and more I just don't want to discuss with them anymore, but slap sense into them; get off your lazy ass every time yes, verify input 100% yes, do that crawl around and get on your knees in the pouring rain if needed yes, every time yes, and unless well within tolerable? margins, make ALL those performance calculations again if delayed and weather is changing yes. And stop getting all worked up if someone verifies your input or work!

If you act like a Boss, be the Boss and do it like a Boss You mess up, own it! After 3 strikes you're out. Re-certify or go to ground handling.

Just my 1 cent these days.

(ps. There are also some very wonderful colleagues to work with, some...)