PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shoreham Airshow Crash Trial
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2019, 17:09
Dominator2

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LOMCEVAK,

I agree with all that you say. I do, however, consider that maybe we all suffer from Cognitive Impairment CI from time to time in every day life and yet we are not aware of it . The condition is known as not concentrating on a task, allowing ones mind to wonder, being too familiar with a situation and so becoming complacent. One would like to believe that a fast jet pilot, every time he strapped into a jet, would NOT suffer from any of these failings. If a pilot of a high performance jet does not maintain the required mental approach he/she should not be there.

I and many others, (maybe yourself included), believe that the lawyers played the game in the AH trial. If the judge had fully understood the personal attributes required to be a professional, successful and safe low level jet aeros pilot the trial would have been conducted in a different way. The expert witnesses would have been requested to explain in detail to the jury the discipline and professionalism required to perform low level areos safely.

To my mind CI is yet another modern day, made up ailment to make an excuse for human failings. We all think that we know what happened in the AH accident. Many of us will have been in similar incidents and only by luck walked away unscathed. We do, however, accept our personal failings and try to learn from them.

I know that what I have written is contentious but IMHO AH should accept full responsibility for his actions.