PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOW AIRLINES-A Great Beginning
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2003, 13:32
Powerjet1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As Jmc-Man has said, there will be some difficult decisions to be made by those staying loyal to Now for at least another three months. As stated previously, I for one one, wish Now and its employees every success for the future, but one should not forget that Now was 'launched' in March this year, and whilst Feb/March 2004 would obviously be a better time to get Now 'in the air', continued delays will mean a year has elapsed. Therefore. one can't help feeling somewhat sceptical even about a Feb start date, or will that get moved to April/May, when all you have to go on is what has happened to date. Are existing/new staff prepared to wait and maybe even take the gamble?

Also, there seems to be much made of the easy/go aircraft that Now are apparently intending to utilise. On reflection. perhaps Now did not make the right decision when trying to source aircraft from easy and there has been much discussion, rightly or wrongly, as to the reasons why. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the aviation market was 'awash' with 737s for lease etc, so why do Now not look elsewhere for their aircraft. Perhaps the deal they had was 'too good to be turned down' or maybe, perhaps, there is another underlying problem preventing them from doing so.