PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2019, 08:31
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UnderASouthernSky
and if the single daily service from MAN-HKG doesn't suit your schedule, or if it goes tech, then what?
Aircraft go tech , entire airline IT systems fail, weather cancels domestic connections and T5 continues to consume baggage

Oh and if the daily CX cancels depending on ticket type and status they may reroute you down to Heathrow for one of the three evening departures if capacity is available.

In the few years it’s been back as a passenger service the number of cancellations have been exceptionally low - Way below those of BA even if we include a few planned cancellations !

Cathay have served Manchester very well for both SLF and Boxes for many years.

Oh and this utter cr*p about frequency especially on long haul ( cepting the eastern seaboard) is exhausting .

Seriously a ten hour plus flight matters not a jot whether you arrive at 6.30 am or 9.00 pm the night before .

You aren’t missing a mid morning meeting either way are you

Either you pay x2 —x5 for a camp bed in a coffin and a quick taxi alternatively a nice nights sleep and preparation time in a quality hotel even possibly some hospitality with your client as well

Just about every customer/ client paying the bill won’t object to this in my experience!

BTW disruption is not unheard of at the Hong Kong end either .

Oh and those 77w frames used to Heathrow breakdown more often than the swanky new A350s

I live 8 miles north of 27L and my last Hong Kong flight was from Manchester along with colleagues from Telford and Woudenberg in Holland !

Last edited by Rutan16; 10th Aug 2019 at 09:38.