PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2019, 21:58
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX

Originally Posted by JonnyH

They’ve decided to cancel some flights from BHX in a few weeks time - definitely to DLM and HER. Don’t know if any other routes or bases are affected.

i can only assume it’s to do with lack of aircraft, as they’re citing “operational reasons”, but it’s quite short notice if you’ve got a holiday in 3/4 weeks time.
They are not one-off cancellations but an early termination of certain frequencies and one route (PXO) due to the return of leased aircraft - pre-planned to a certain extent (I don't know the date the decision was made) and I posted it on the Birmingham thread.

It has been speculated that it is a result of the costs incurred on leasing aircraft in to cover the MAX. The first week in September sees BHX lose one based aircraft at least one month early and yes this is a cut and not part of the original schedule. Manchester loses about 20-21 weekly flights ansd Gatwick around 38 - 40. What I don't know about Manchester and Gatwick is whether this was in the original schedule whereas at BHX I can say for definite it wasn't. The base was due to reduce but not until the 1st October.

Pete