PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lido eRoute Manual - what is your take?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2019, 17:58
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, i believe there are different things, the Lido mPilot app for the iPad (current version as far as i can see 4.9) or the eRoute Manual which is the windows software for windows based EFBs. Those are actually quite a bit different in how one can work with them. Personally i prefer the mPilot thing on the iPad, but only after i've learned some of the less obvious things. When it was introduced in a previous company we got access to the LH Systems LIDO CBT, took around 1,5 to 2 hours to complete and was quite thorough explaining lots, but not necessarily all about the app, the charting style and charting symbols. However, in that case using it was very simple, from the electronic OFP it was just the press of one button and the whole route, airports including alternates, was loaded straight into Lido so we had the whole routing info in the enroute map as well as the correct selection of airports. All we had to do was put the correct plates into the clipboard and swipe through that as we went through our day. Not to mention ownship position on the enroute chart was available as well, which gave moving map display especially useful on longer flights.

And then i went back in time by about 10 to 15 years and currently we have to put everything into the eRoute Manual manually and still print the OFPs like it is still 2005. That was is slow, cumbersome and i miss the clipboard function on the EFB to be quite honest, no moving map of any kind and the two-map style display for approach charts which is quite cumbersome.

I haven't used electronic jepp charts, we used them only way back in paper form, but with airport booklets, which seem to be a rather costly customer option for airlines. So i cannot really compare the electronic versions at all.