PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2019, 15:06
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
City is a different kettle of fish and you know it. They cater for premium passengers who do not turn up at one in the morning. Southend needs to stay ahead of the game and build on its reputation which was a long time coming.
I'm sorry but I cannot go along with what you say on this one. I repeat my assertion that the numbers who turn up at SEN some time after midnight hoping to kip down for a few hours prior to catching their flight is probably very few and to cater for their needs would be costly with very little upside. Haven't you noticed that virtually all businesses, and airports can most certainly be included among them, operate in a way that maximises their revenues while minimising their costs? You have noticed I'm sure that LTN is so cost-conscious that they don't even put in ceilings, unless VIPs are due to visit visit and the photo opportunities might reveal this fact.

As far as LCY is concerned, they close the terminal at 2200 and it re-opens at 0430 (with Security opening at 0515) and I suspect leisure and VFR traveller numbers there are higher than you suggest. Perhaps people do turn up there in the small hours, who knows?