PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2019, 04:36
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to one of my pet subjects for Southend. With the airport getting busier Stobart will be fully aware of what happens when it closes its doors at night. Should this still be allowed to happen? The terminal will still be staffed so why are the doors locked?

https://www.airlinequality.com/airpo...thend-airport/

L Makayovs (United Kingdom) 14th July 2019

"use it only in daylight"

Trip Verified | I was very disappointed that upon arrival at the airport at 1.30 at night I found the airport entrance hall closed. People were standing outside like homeless people or sitting inside the train-station on the floor. I was lucky that when I arrived it wasn’t raining and it was relatively warm outside. I needed to use the toilet after hours of travellig and as everything was closed the toilets were locked as well. Luckily there was a kind man at the train station who opened the toilet there for me. It is disgraceful.

Some travellers don’t live in London or in the area and travel long hours so they can get their flight and instead find the airport locked so they cannot use basic facilities like the toilets. Next time I am travelling I will definitely use a different airport and company for my travel. I know that staff were just following the rules established from higher up. In general the airport is clean and staff helpful. However I wouldn’t recommend this airport to anybody or tell them to use it only in daylight.