PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Royal Newcastle Aero Club suspends operations
Old 8th Aug 2019, 01:03
MagnumPI

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Clare Prop
I don't know anything about this particular situation, but the whole thing of having committees full of amateurs who want cheap flying for themselves interfering with the running of the flying school is something I have seen over and over again. In the past I have managed aircraft on behalf of clubs, even with a very clear contract it has always ended with them telling me how to run my business, even "white anting" my own clients right under my nose. It only takes one rotten apple and every committee has one.
Depends on the club of course, but not every committee or board is "full of amateurs" who want "cheap flying".

Our club (which incorporates a flying school and engineering facility) has strict rules in place; directors receive no fees for their service and no discount whatsoever. We believe that this ensures the directors are in it for the right reasons. Just about every member of our board is a working professional, some are highly qualified, with a good mix of backgrounds from aviation and non-aviation industries.