PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOW AIRLINES-A Great Beginning
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2003, 05:58
saltrock surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thunor - you're a soft skinned target - don't get so tetchy.

Most of my comments were directed at jmc-man and having re-read them I don't think they were rude.

you're remark was that NOW have failed to keep their word/commitment to people. You just wrote "We don't actually want you NOW - can you come back in January/February 2004?" AND that is after being "strung along" by NOW month after month after month...."

That I'm afraid is incorrect and rubbish and in a light-hearted tone not uncommon to these pages might be referred to as misinformed garbage. If I've understood it correctly, and if you are 'very well informed' you will know, that despite the aircraft delay everyone has the option to join on their pre-arranged date with full pay with other options available if they choose. Please explain what the snag is with that.

Anyone who is involved will be informed and therefore will know that the only issue holdign them back is the delay in the aircraft delivery and the work involved to get them from a standard apparently acceptable to the previous operator up to a standard acceptable to the guys at NOW. Full marks to NOW for insisting on doing things right (I think that was one of their promises jmc-man)

The bit that still puzzles me is the vitriol that has been caused in some quarters by some guys just trying to get a new carrier off the ground which should be good news to all of us pilots. Why should NOW brief their progress blow by blow on PPRUNE. Do easyjet for example tell us their plans for Airbus bases in advance or does Astraeus tell us how their business is going on PPRUNE. No to both questions so why do jmc-man and a few others somehow think that PPRUNE readers have a overwhelming right to such commercial info from NOW???????????

Whats the problem?

Luv, salty

Last edited by saltrock surfer; 5th Nov 2003 at 06:09.