PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 7th Aug 2019, 01:03
Manwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glenb
By the way, here is the Preliminary report. This obviously came out before the final report. Interestingly many of the commitments made by the ICC were not met in the final report, but I will provide more on that later.
glenb, I empathise with you, but as a local federal member told me, "The problem's too big for anyone to solve." He's right. The system designed to protect us has been turned against us, and it is much bigger than one case. Therefore, while I know you won't like to hear this, the only viable solution is in calming down and working smarter, rather than harder. In other words, by fighting against the system we unwittingly strengthen it because that's how it's been engineered. They have unlimited resources extorted from taxpayers to use against taxpayers. How can they possibly lose if we play their game?

Confucius gave some good advice, "He conquers, who conquers himself." And so did Sun Tzu in "The Art of War", a war tactics manual written a few hundred years before Christ landed that's still studied by most ranking military officers in the world today. He advised, "The art of war is deception", and the supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. In simple terms, we don't know the enemy or ourselves fully, and that's why we keep losing.