PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 6th Aug 2019, 23:01
future_pilot_di

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modular or intergrated

Hi,

Like every aspiring pilot, I have a question regarding which route to take, based on the which route will have the higher chances of actually landing a job. Time isn't an issue with me, therefore ideally I'd be up or going Modular route. However, just the stories you hear that the majority of airlines prefer those that went Integrated ( especially bigger ones), so that's what puts me off.

I can go either way really. However, integrated I'd need to save up 4/5 years before I can apply to schools. Just downside is obviously the huge cost. Despite this, I'm willing to save up, and fork out that amount, if it increases my chances a lot of landing a job rather quickly once on finishing ( due to ties which fight schools have with airlines). Just before this route, I'll actually need to save up the money...

At the same time, I'm also considering Modular. As with this option, I can actually start my training a lot sooner, from this year ( as opposed to waiting 4/5 years). And to be honest, by the time I'd have saved up enough to go integrated, I'd probably have become qualified to become a commercial pilot ( complete all training) through Modular. This, plus the fact that it will be far cheaper, is what leads me to this direction.

However, just the likeness of actually getting a job, after qualifying via Modular route - is what holds me back.

So really just seeking advice of the best route. Anyone who studied through modular and actually landed roles care to share their opinion?

Thanks