PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2019, 17:28
Flying184

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The GP
Hi Guys/Girls

I was lucky enough to get through the stage 3 recently, medical next month and early 2020 start for training, I understand its a mobile grade etc but I am pretty sure they will ask us for preferences at some point, so have started to give it some thought.

Does anyone have any firm info on what occurs where? As i understand it Area is split between Swanwick and Prestwick, London approaches are all done from Swanwick? and Tower is always located on each individual site? anyone know if other approaches are centralised, and if so, to where? or do they work out of the individual sites?

thanks in advance
Be aware that, whilst preferences are taken near the end of the course, subject to you passing, out of 15 on my course 3 got one of their preferences.

In terms of what occurs, you normally get an email from HR going "you are welcome to submit 3 preferences if you wish." Be aware that postings vary from Aberdeen in the north to Southampton in the south, including Aberporth in the west and everything in between. Area courses will be sent to either Swanwick (TC or AC) or Prestwick. Radar only rated people will be sent to either Swanwick to do London approaches, Aberporth ranges, or Aberdeen to staff the offshore function. There are also many trainees holding at units awaiting to start their unit training, so factor all of this into your expectations throughout training. It is definitely worth it in the end though!

It is a great job and a great company to work for, who really do look after you. Again I just cannot stress enough to expect the unexpected with regards to postings. Just because someone has a family with kids does not mean they will get posted where they want.... I can say this with 100% certainty.....!!!