PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coming to terms with the loss of two friends
Old 5th Aug 2019, 23:15
Pilot DAR

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts
I think now of a friend, whose accident yesterday became known mid day today. He got his wife and kids out the plane as it sank, but he and the family dog did not make it out. He was one of the people who helped me two years ago. As I left to fly up to the airport this afternoon to assist or support, in any way I could, my wife said with angst: "This has been happening a lot lately..." I thought for a moment, and replied: "It's probably the same number of accidents, its just that we know so many more pilots than we used to". But, I worry she's more right than she knows, it's been a bad summer.....

My friend, like all of those friends who have gone before, was a kind and eager to help person, who raised a wonderful family, and employed a number of people in aviation. As I have while thinking of many other friends, I will think of him as I mentor with reinvigorated intent, hoping to prevent this type (or any type) of accident in those who follow my words. He will live on, in advice I give.....