PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 5th Aug 2019, 17:23
GordonR_Cape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by halfwinged
My humble two cents for evaluation:

It seems again that FAA and The Boeing Co. are trying to find 'someone' or 'something' guilty of activating MCAS. They did not succeeded with the pilots, now they are going for the 'cosmic rays'. They are imagining scenarios so far out and crazy that gives me the chills. Because they are saying the general public that a computer can fail and flip the result of calculation or a memory position (twice in a couple of months) due to cosmic rays?? come on... the scenario is so bizarre, that I seriously doubt about all this. Seems the 'proper way' to introduce a reformulation of the automated flight control systems on the 737 after a major f*@ked up piece of software.

[snip]
I think you have seriously got the wrong end of the stick. This is a new error, and has nothing to do with MCAS, though it does affect the horizontal stabiliser. Fixing MCAS is necessary, and (almost) everyone agrees on that. See: https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...ight-controls/