PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 5th Aug 2019, 16:03
John Marsh

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Loose rivets
I know I'm repeating myself, but it's SO not rocket science that I'm still very uneasy about those trim inputs functioning as expected. Is it conceivable that the PF handed over to his First Officer because the feel didn't alter as expected? Do we know for sure he was concentrating on the check-list as the reason for needing his hands free?

Is there any evidence computer overload ever happened prior to the recent modifications? i.e. was that shock finding the result of fixes?
I'm puzzled by:
At 05:40:27, the Captain advised the First-Officer to trim up with him.
At this stage, they were still using the manual electric trim system, i.e. not trying to turn the trim wheels by hand. I assume the trim wheels are firmly linked and can therefore be used by both pilots together, in theory. But how could using the trim switches on both sides simultaneously make any difference, on the MAX or any previous 737?

Whatever his reasoning, it seems the Captain thought this would help; presumably with an electric trim problem he thought existed.

I'm hoping that a detailed analysis of the CVR recording will add clarity, in this area and generally.