PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NOW AIRLINES-A Great Beginning
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2003, 03:51
FLYMATE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delayed launch

Let's all calm down a bit here, yes it is disappointing that NOW will now not be in the air until February but as I have been observing all along they are not prepared to rush to a launch until they are ready. If they had launched and had not had the correct things in place, they would have been a spectacular flop. True, that information from them has been scarce, but we have to understand that there are people out there ready to strangle this venture at the beginning, hence the little or no information released to interested parties.

There will be no doubt be greatly disappointed people out there who have disrupted their lives to join NOW at contract stage and others who can absorb the delay for a few months more. Those who are loyal and absorb the delay are the ones who are prepared to hold their nerve, and after a few years they may well be very, very, very well off with the share options offered to them in the delayed launch.

They could so easily have just said to these people to "go away" until February, or worse still, given everyone 30 days notice as stated in their contracts and rehired closer to launch, but they have decided to be positive with this "down time" and decided to offer all who keep the faith, very attractive share options.

Seems to me each delay and decision is made with a view to success for the future, and if they are as careful in their future expansion plans as they are now, I see them being a very big success with a very healthy share price. So we watch and wait. Again, I wish NOW well.

Last edited by FLYMATE; 5th Nov 2003 at 04:09.