PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Google have trapped me - yet again !
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2019, 10:00
Telfer86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Google have trapped me - yet again !

Hi All

Onto my second pixel , I had the first one until it "bricked" on me a few days ago. Not sure if I will be able to recover any data - my bad I didn't back up , rookie error huh ?

Despite the bricking I was happy with the pixel so purchased another one , this time a 3a - the flagship divided by two kind of model

Against my better instincts I logged into gmail on the 3a , but did this from the browser (chrome) not the app.

The issue I have is that I haven't been able to figure out how to log out of gmail from the chrome browser , did try erasing browsing history but as soon
as you went back to gmail , yes the inbox popped up for all to see

I don't work for MI5 and do not engage in immoral or unlawful behavior , but I do like to have my privacy respected the fact is other people do get
to handle my 3a , and my gmail account contains both personal & business data - which quite simply I don't want out there for all folk to see

Any other tips for people just starting out with a new android so the good folk from Palo Alto aren't tracking you relentlessly and bombarding you with
their ever so helpful suggestions and ideas

Thank you