PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 4th Aug 2019, 14:13
Tomaski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IcePack
Back in the day the airline I worked for went through a phase of giving you some multiple in realistic failure on the sim. Tbh whilst crisis management could be assessed. I actually learnt nothing as the failures were so extreme the QRH was of little help. IMHO the sim should be used to teach not demonstrate how smart an aleck the check airman is.
maybe if the dead crews had had more teaching time to confidence these accidents would not have happened. As for or MCAS being kept a secret. As said by some worse than shame on you. (Boeing)
Yep, you can certainly create more problems than you solve just throwing crap at pilots in the sim which is why it needs to be in a thoughtful manner. Poor training is poor training regardless of the philosophy behind it. Good training requires good investment but sadly good investment involves $$$$'s and there is simply too much emphasis nowadays on squeezing the costs out of every corner of the operation whether it is at Boeing or the airlines. I am dismayed at what has become of Boeing but I am also dismayed at what has become of airline training over the years. Too much paint by numbers and not enough of big picture. Hate to be a cynic but it seems that it takes a high body count before someone is willing to make a change.