PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ESY Recruitment Roadshows
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2003, 02:16
Sir Donald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boby Guzzler,

Hmmm.TRSS scheme.
Before you jump and defend the scheme, why don’t you share your experience at Ej.
Why are trying to say to potential desperate wanabies that this is the holy grail for them. In theory it is. Explain the burden that these hopefuls will be lumbered with.
The scheme theoretically sounds perfect, however in real life; you bond yourself for five years because it is the best way for crew retention.
*Talk about crew resignations in the last 3 months alone.
*Why not talk about the 10 hours duty days with 3 hours actual flying.
The roster system, again theoretically 6 on 3 of, reality 7 on 2 off. Every 7th day is the rostered day off however in most cases it is a flexi day meaning that you can be worked until 3am on your supposed to be day off. Your first day on starts with the earliest possible flight and your last day on finish as late as possible.
*Why not reveal the crewing department in competencies, their motto; crew utilisation.
E.g.: a pilot is offloaded in Athens and crewing put another crew member on a Learjet to replace this ill stricken individual, only to find out on arrival that the aircraft that he is supposed to return is a 700 series and he only holds a 300 series rating. And I can give you millions of examples. A very competent crewing department, to say the least.

*Why not find pilot recruitment manager that can:
a)speak English PROPERLY,
b)Have aircraft type knowledge i.e.: her interpretation of aircraft types flown by a particular candidate (victim) ‘’ he has a lot of jet time’’, what is the type in queation?’’J41, J means jet doesn’t it’’. Her own words.
c)Why so many candidates with 1500-3000 hours have not been contacted?
Because the recruitment manger has no clue about type abbreviations, apart from the obvious ones i.e. B737, SD-360, etc. If its an IL -76 or similar, forget it you will never be called.

After all the scheme is not aimed at the low hour market, instead only people with multi-crew experience. The same candidates that have done the hard yards on turboprops, only to find themselves tied for five years with an organisation that has no respect for its workforce.

In which company do you have to check for changes to your roster once issued, after every flight? Maybe in all airlines only after extraordinary circumstances. i.e. September 11. (Every day is September 11 at Ej because crewing is done on a daily basis, hence their name’’ day to day crewing’’)

Tell us about the 5 on 3 off proposal. Only if approved by the CAA, you will have 5 early starts. And that will turn into a 5 on 1 off having established their crew utilisation motto already.

Please, state the facts in real life, as you work for them, and don’t encourage people to pay for work. The likes of you are turning the industry on its head. After all you don’t need to go through a vigorous recruitment procedure compared to the airlines that will follow suit. eJ is only interested in impressing its share holders and is not doing a particularly good job at it either.
Lots of points stated of real life at eJ and not hearsay, and please I do not want to get into a heated debate either.
Just plain truth, as the truth always prevails.