PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question: I wonder if anyone could give a helping hand?
Old 3rd Aug 2019, 11:36
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by skieskitty
his age is 39.
Thanks... I'd need to confirm/open to correction but I've heard tell that in the dim very distant past there were a limited number of short term secondments from BA to Lufthansa, however it was a heck of a long time ago and if it did happen anyone involved I'm fairly sure would now be a lot older that 39.

If OTOH someone claimed to have been a fully contracted pilot at mainline Lufthansa and then mainline BA, (or the other way round), had a command at one and/or the other, and was now at the tender age of 39 opting out to fly in the Yemen my alarm bells would be ringing... I guess it's not impossible but it's certainly an outlier when it comes to career paths.

I suppose another option is that is something subtle is being lost in translation? For example if the individual is claiming "he has been working in the British Airway and Lufthansa before" has he actually claimed he was working as a pilot, or has he let other people draw that conclusion? When he says "British Airways" does he actually mean BA Cityflyer?

Last edited by wiggy; 3rd Aug 2019 at 11:49.