PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-10
Thread: Ryanair-10
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2019, 17:42
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I've no knowledge on the subject, if I were to take a best guess in light of the recent news, I think BFS and maybe BOH are the most at risk of base closure (currently only a single aircraft each and with route networks that can largely be covered by non-based aircraft)- No reason why they cannot continue with a reduced schedule similar to that currently in GLA, NCL or CWL.

Base cuts I think LPL is a potential risk, as is maybe EDI and possibly somewhere like BRS, BHX or LBA.

EMA and PIK I think will be reasonably safe, both are well established/long standing and strategically quite important crew bases especially from a technical/training point of view.

LTN and SEN I think will be quite safe also; the access those aircraft give to "first wave" slots in a congested London market will be extremely valuable and cannot see the logic of letting them go. STN they may have a bit more flexibility to shift towards more non-based flying with vast European network served from there.

MAN too I think is a similar situation and has seen a phenomenal amount of growth over recent seasons.

Of course, lets hope any cuts are a minimalist as possible and best wishes to the pilots, cabin crew and colleagues that frankly do an incredibly important and fantastic job in what is a massively testing time for the aviation business.