PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2019, 14:25
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by willy wombat
That I don’t know but I do know that to a certain generation, if there isn’t an app it doesn’t exist. Also a good app works much better on a smartphone than a mobile version of the website. EasyJet and EDI are two good examples of this IMHO.
I really doubt that companies don't exist to any sizeable number of people without an App. There are very few things that can't be achieved with a well optimised mobile site, Apps do have their place, but fi they have no USP, why bother? Mobile Web is orders of magnitude cheaper to develop and support than an App. The development cost of a good app is in the 10-20k range plus ongoing support. Apps offer a lot more information and analytics of customer data, but Apps without an obvious purpose are rarely opened and iOS will automatically delete them after a given period of inactivity.

If there really are people like you say they will have the flyBe, Ryanair, easyJet and Sky Scanner App. Even if they don't know that SEN exists when they enter "London" into the search box SEN will automatically come up.