PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Safety Digests now available Digital
Old 2nd Aug 2019, 12:08
Centaurus

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Not sure how you get that to happen.
Unfortunately it is a lost cause. Ever since ASD was available on the ATSB website I have discussed this with numerous pilot acquaintances I meet in the course of my (admittedly part time) job. There is nothing but apathy and a revert to their Iphones to scan Facebook or whatever appears on their screens. I may as well have advised them to study old issues of The Champion comic and read about Flight Lieutenant Rockfist Rogan RAF, of Spitfire and boxing fame during WW2, for all the good that did to further the cause of flight safety..

One avenue is to have CASA Examiners target flying school managers and make them responsible for briefing their instructors to include study of ASD as part of professional development. In turn instructors pass this information down to their students. All fine in theory but regretfully we know it won't happen. At the last public get together of the roving CASA/ATSB flight safety forum at the Mantra Hotel at Tullamarine I suggested to the forum leader that this was a good venue to advertise the presence of ASD on the ATSB website. His blank look said it all.

ASD was successful mainly because it came free in the post to PPL holders and above; thus exposing readers to the brilliant writings of Mac Job the editor of ASD 1964-1976.