PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2019, 07:29
jwoww0502

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by islandwings
Hi Gypsy Heart,

I too am on hold for QF International BNE. In the meantime, I applied for Qantas Link & Altara/Jetstar. I got an AD for Altara/JS Domestic in mid July and now been offered a GS mid August. It happened so fast. I have been sent my first study materials and my uniform measurement info. Done my medical and waiting for all the green ticks for ASIC. Once you've done a year with Altara, you transfer into Jetstar fully. Plus my correspondence is from Qantas. It's very exciting.

Did you apply for anything else? Hope you have had some good news. I wish you all the best!

Cheers
Hey,

Just so that you know and everyone else knows, Jetstar doesn't exactly work like that. After you have been at Altara for a year (thats one year after you graduate ground school, not when you start ground school) you become eligible to apply for Team Jetstar (actually be apart of Jetstar). There has to be positions available for you to apply for, you don't just automatically get it. And the year has to have passed before applications close. If you are successful in interviewing to be a part of Team Jetstar, there is still some time until you get it. You are then Jetstar Casual for atleast 6 months until you are able to apply for Team Jetstar Full-time and then the process repeats itself. They have to have positions available and open for you to apply for and then you have to interview for it again. Unless you are extremely lucky, the whole process of graduating and becoming full time can take almost 2 years