PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training Ethiopian Canberra pilots at RAF Manby and Bassingbourn
Old 1st Aug 2019, 18:02
nazca_steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vampiredave
You may recall that the OCU moved to Cottesmore in May 1969 and, like 'Longer Ron', my memory is also quite vague and I do not recall any Ethiopian students during this period. Therefore your comment regarding continuation training may be correct. The names I provided came my copy of this photograph, which was included in a batch of Canberra photographs given to me some time ago. I knew one of the pilots in the photograph but, as I said previously, he is very unwell and no longer responds to emails, etc.
Sadly Col Bizwork died a couple of weeks ago, so it'll be hard to confirm why he was there in 1972. That certainly raised my eyebrows that you both confirmed it was then, and not the late '60s. I know there was a resupply flight to RAF Lyneham around 1973 but this looks very much like he was doing some kind of training on the T.4. Well, if anyone ever learns anymore, I'd be grateful. I'm trying to complete a short book on the Ethiopian Canberra squadron so any recollections of their UK training could be useful.