PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paying Back Pilot Loan
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2019, 17:03
inabw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The training is very expensive; if you take a look around Eastern Europe you can find some schools that start from - 0 to Atpl - with a price around 40K; with extra voices you can easily reach 50K. Should be enough if you are a smart person.
My personal experience it's with a modular training: I started with a PPL in a local aeroclub, paying step by step (1 year to obtain the PPL ) then I did the Night rating in Hungary, then I continued with the atpl theory (distance Learning) and hour building, traveling a lot to/from Poland to take all the 14 ATPL exams. All this stuff during my life, with a full time job.
For the last stage of the training, the CPL and IR/ME i taken a loan with the bank, around 25k and, if everything goes right, next month i will finish the training (it is missing the MCC course but i will think about it later when i'll back to work in October) and now are 3 months that I am not working, I requested holidays (no salary for 3 months) to finish the training in Poland.
For sure you need a very well paied job, at least 1500-2000 euro/month, but i did it, living alone and paying a rent for the house where i live.
So, it's hard honestly, you should be ready to cut everything and unecessary things, but I think if you really want this and if you believe it, you can smash the difficulties, reaching your goal.
Anyway, you need to plan everything accurately, maintaining a correct budget during the training, in my case 3 years.
I don't suggest to take a big loan, taking the risk to lose your home;
If you need any suggestion write me, i am happy to help any person.
Take care and good luck everyone!!!

Last edited by inabw; 24th Dec 2019 at 17:35.