PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet MPL CAE June 2019
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2019, 12:16
pilotfin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ventor
Can you say which route they offered you?

I don't think is about changing criteria but more about uncertainty.
I'm not sure if you guys follow politics, but with the current Brexit situation, getting closer day by day to a no-deal scenario, uncertainty has risen across all business. Having this said I think it's quite difficult for EazyJet to predict the number of pilots they can take since in my view this is directly affected by Brexit (deal vs no-deal).
My assumption is that they don't want to offer a place (start date in the program) unless they know they will take you on board once you finish the school. Otherwise, imagine a situation where you will start the school under EazyJet program and then they can not take pilots anymore due to economical situation...
Its a tricky scenario. I will not be surprised if they put everything on hold for the next 3 months (until 31 October Brexit due date) in order to have more accurate predication of the need of pilots for coming years.
EzyJet did all necessary steps to extend to EU 27, but still up to date 70% of their business is in UK or from-to UK, therefore outcome of Brexit may have big impact even if they will have the rights to fly (via EazyJet Europe) but if there are less passengers, there is less need for pilots..

Just to add that this is my personal opinion based on my research and this does not represents a statement from Eazy nor the aviation schools.
I'm also curious what do you guys think.
Your point is very valid, ventor. In the introduction we received on the Stage 3 assessment, easyJet claimed that there would be minimal disruption in any Brexit result, as they changed the corporate structure to be split between UK/Europe by creating two separate companies - easyJet UK and easyJet Europe. Having said that, I think your argument is valid, as regardless of preparations, the uncertainty in itself is going to disrupt their business (as travellers will be hesitant across the whole market).

I'm not sure how much this is affecting the MPL specifically (and tagged ATPL), but it's interesting that Madrid & Brussels are running classes where Oxford is not. Capacity probably has a role to play in this as well, I'd imagine, but interesting nevertheless.