PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Canadian floatplane crash, 4th in a month
Old 30th Jul 2019, 14:39
a330pilotcanada

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Good Morning All:

Although this is getting off topic especially for the gratuitous comments from student pilot. I will only comment on his statements regarding training standards between the FAA and Transport Canada. Disclaimer I have held licences in both the USA and Canada 23,000 hours and endorsed on three heavy aircraft. In my thinking the training in Canada is far more rigorous than the FAA. For example when I was endorsed in the USA I had my commercial multi-engine and on completion of my instrument endorsement I was now allowed to do a 200 1/2 on a ILS. On arriving back in Canada I was surprised to find out IFR was divided into Class 1 Class 2 on either single engine or multi engine. In Canada emphasis on training was for non-precision approaches and at the time of my training in the US even my instructors had difficulty with ADF approaches.

Float plane flying to be is a art form and watching those who fly in the environment is a real treat for me. Seeing the accidents that are mentioned reminds me how succinct the line is in being alive or dead but I digress