PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What can I do with a CoV while converting my EASA license to a CASA license?
Old 30th Jul 2019, 11:36
kim19pedro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What can I do with a CoV while converting my EASA license to a CASA license?

Hi there guys.

I'm a Portuguese ATPL student about to get my license (in Portugal) and the time has come to start looking for employment options.
I've lived in Australia for 2 years and would love to give it another try. I'm aware of what it is involved in the conversion process (a couple of exams and a lot of AUS$ ready to be spent) as I've been reading a lot of threads on the topic. Some of them are really useful but I can't seem to find a fellow pilot who has recently completed the process and decided to leave a honest feedback about it.
My question is, what can a foreign pilot with an EASA license realistically do (in terms of finding a job) with a CoV (certificate of validation)?
I've checked the CoV application form and it states that I need to justify the reason why I'm applying to the CoV (studying, ferrying, commercial ops, recreational flights...) and for how long (up to 12 months according to CASA).
So, if you guys have some info about this or have been through the same process, please let me know.
Cheers