PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter accident Colombia........
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2019, 18:01
SASless

Received 511 Likes on 213 Posts
Crab....merely pointing out that one's life experiences offer us all an individual viewpoint that is generated by what we did in our flying careers.

Some specialized and some were blessed to see a broad array of utilizations that molded our view of things.

Yours is the RAF and particularly SAR ops.

Mine was much different than yours.

Each of us see things through different prisms.....which is normal.

Where you and I differ is I am willing to see mine views challenged and happily respond.

There were no war stories told...not one in my posts on this topic.

I did mention past experiences using a much different method of moving people than RAF SAR uses.

I posted a photo of the USMC doing a similar op.

I then pointed out that in the culture I came up within we placed a higher value on human life than we did airframes.

What is it you really object to that causes you to post as you just did?

Even Gordy posted a photo showing what he does in a normal days work that uses the same method I was discussing.

Are you miffed that some of us do not see the RAF SAR house to be the Go To Centre of Excellence on all matters helicopter?

Ya'll did good work in that specialized area of helicopter aviation considering the limitations you had in some regards.

The UK method is different than other SAR services....but that does not demean the work others do or the RAF...it just makes them different.

I think you doth protest too much.