PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2019, 09:37
Geriaviator

Received 241 Likes on 75 Posts
I am slightly perplexed at the subject of this thread which started as a description of gaining a ww2 brevet some 600 + pages, and a few years, ago, but seems to be a general ww2 subject now,
Welcome to our virtual crewroom, Cyflyer! I read your post on return from holidays. This forum has taken so many twists and turns over the years that its theme became blurred as the original contributors carried their stories into the post-war years and as one of the Mods have said it became a living history of RAF aviation. Sadly our WW2 contributors have made their last takeoffs but their stories remain as a tribute to those who gave so much and a rich source of information, as you have seen. Good luck with the rest of your quest.

Our last much-loved contributor was the wonderful, witty and eloquent Danny 42C who passed away late last year. His tales of training in Florida, operating the Vultee Vengeance dive-bomber in Burma, and post-war RAF life as pilot and ATCO kept us spellbound for seven years. In fact they were so absorbing that they have been published as two e-books, In with a Vengeance and Danny and the Cold War. If you or anyone else would like copies send me your email address via PM -- Pprune does not handle attachments. All we and the late Danny ask in return is a contribution to the RAF Benevolent Fund.