PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus reporting CI
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2019, 05:46
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
. I just think that the technique mentioned above seems like it'd be a lot easier if you just turned off the AT.
I also disagree with the earlier poster who said that VS is smoother than CLB. That may be a holdover from another type, but my understanding from the latest Safety First article is that the airspeed info is filtered before being sent to the AP, so the pitch response is nice and smooth, even in bumpy air.
Check airman, as you can see one person feels VS is better than Climb, you feel it will be even better with ATHR off. It doesn't end there. The tinkering will carry on. ​​​But manufacturer who designed the aircraft have more qualified people what do they feel is the most important. If you don't like what they want you to do tell them. As you mentioned about filtering of speed there was no way of knowing that for a line pilot unless the manufacturer told them. So line pilots should follow recommended procedures and not develop their own. Definitely not in Airbus. If you feel something doesn't work or you have better idea than Airbus discuss with them. Toulouse oversees everything from Argentina to Korea(longer way). When someone wants to do it differently in Korea may be someone already had an incident doing it in Argentina. So let them tell you. Every tinkering may not be as dangerous as QZ8501 but better be safe than sorry. There are climb speeds no climb vertical speeds. VS can definitely be used as a short term intervention for whatever but not as a standard practice.