PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a professional pilot, and finding a job
Old 4th Nov 2003, 19:37
muse_77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training!!!

hey everybody,

i'm sure this thread has been done to death before so my apologies in advance. however, there is some important information i'd like to find out.

i have the necessary funds to put myself through a helicopter school and hopefully be well on the way to having a new career. there are certain things confusing me at the moment, mainly license types and where they can be used. i know that training in the uk is extremely expensive so my considered alternatives are australia and canada, however i would like to work in the uk some time in the near future.

is it advisable for me to train in places like oz or canada (mainly considering costs)? are there any recommendations for me from you guys? how long could i expect to work before i get a job back in the uk? do you have any other courses of action that you could suggest?

just to give you a rough idea, i have about 30,000 pounds to use which will need to cover both training costs and living expenses too, for however long it will take ( i'm guessing at about 6 months).

thanks again for your replies in advance, or failing that could you redirect me to a post in the past that is relevant to this.

Dan.