PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MAX’s Return Delayed by FAA Reevaluation of 737 Safety Procedures
Old 28th Jul 2019, 17:08
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Thanks OldnGrounded, I thought that's where we were .... according to the NYT

Originally Posted by lomapaseo
Re: ......... I see no such unexpectedly bad experience among all recent worldwide designs since the latest update to the regulations or mean of compliance. Thus the Grandfathering should continue to be accepted..........
lomapaseo, I'd actually agree with you - providing the threat level remained the same. Not being a Boeing engineer and knowing the designs in detail I've no idea. I'm just interested that the FAA seemed to have called this out so, was that because the new engines have somehow increased the risk or, is this a case of the "political dimensions" in the past that people have discussed. I have just seen Big Pistons Forever reply which seems to explain this nicely. My only interest is that I've been involved in adding weapons to updated aircraft and readacross/grandfathering was always an issue. What could be safely read across and what couldn't often caused interesting/heated discussions.